10 Ways to Express Random Acts of Kindness
1 month ago 5 Comments
Have you ever paid it forward to a complete stranger? If so, you can probably admit that it feels really darn good.
In today’s post I wanted to share some creative ways to express a random act of kindness. Remember, it doesn’t have to be a grand gesture to make someone’s day. It’s the little things…
- Pay for the order behind you at a drive-thru. If you don’t have limitless funds yourself, make sure to mention to the cashier a limit i.e. “if the order is under $10 I would like to pay for it.” There can always be that close call of you paying for the order of an entire workplace – and that’s not really the point! (I mean you could if you wanted to…)
- Tip someone who may not normally get tipped. What about the guy bagging your groceries at the check-out counter? Or the girl at the post office working alone, trying to make it through a huge lineup of customers?
- Along the same lines as the last one – tell someone’s manager what a great job they did for you!
- Cook a meal for a neighbor or a friend in need.
- If you leave the office first, clean the snow off of your coworkers car too (use discretion with this one) as not everyone may want someone else touching their car! You could also shovel someone’s driveway who needs the help and would appreciate it.
- Visit a lonely person. Be a good listener! If they love dogs and you have one, bring them along also!
- Share a friend’s vlog/blog/website/etsy shop or Facebook Page – HAHA – I am serious! I often like to support others in their various ventures and sharing their content is a quick way to do that.
- Pay someone a thoughtful and sincere compliment!
- Let someone bud in front of you in line. This pertains to traffic as well!
- Leave a friend or coworker a thoughtful plant. Because who doesn’t like plants?
Here is to a giving, thoughtful and kind 2018.
I would love to hear your thoughts on ways you like to surprise another with a random act of kindness. Tell me in the comments below!